Day 3 - Making the Appointment
Thursday afternoon while my son was watching his show, I pull up Mayo Clinic on my phone. “How in the world do you get an appointment at this place?” “Fill out this form or give us a call during these hours.” “Okay, I’ll just give them a call.”
“We can see you next Monday or next Tuesday.” Gulp. “Umm, how about I take Tuesday. What time is available?” “One moment. We have an 8:30am with the neurologist and then you will see the neurosurgeon at 10:15am.” “Okay, I will be there.”
Later that evening, while cleaning up dinner. “Chris, I called Mayo Clinic and they are able to see me Monday or Tuesday. I chose Tuesday since E and I already have plans to attend the farm class on Monday. I didn’t expect them to get me in so soon. Usually it takes months. I know you will be starting your new job on Monday, so I’ll ask my dad to go with me. It won’t be a big deal.” “Okay, I wish I could be with you, but I understand we just need to get this done.” “Yeah, I wish you could come with me, but yes, we just need to get this done and know what is going to happen so we can move on. Like the nurse said, they will probably just keep an eye on it. It will be fine.”
Comments
Post a Comment